Position for Senior-Level Technical Associate
Skeo Solutions is an employee focused consulting firm providing innovative, collaborative, and multidisciplinary solutions to complex and pressing issues in environmental stewardship, social equity and economic opportunity. Our commitment to social equity includes the recognition that our mission is best advanced by the contributions of people of diverse backgrounds, beliefs and culture.
We are seeking a team and detail-oriented Senior-Level Technical Associate to join Skeo on a full-time basis, with full-time options ranging from 30 to 40 hours per week. Location is flexible, but reliable internet connection and being within two hours of a major airport are required. This position will entail providing technical research, writing, and analysis associated with health and environmental impacts of hazardous waste at Superfund and Brownfield sites. Candidates should be comfortable presenting technical information in front of large groups of diverse communities. Prospective hires must be willing to travel an average of 2-8 days per month at various locations throughout the U.S.
All staff are expected to reflect Skeo’s operating principles: dignity, respect, compassion, integrity, and accountability. Applicants should be able to multi-task, work effectively on a team, maintain a positive attitude and have excellent communication skills.
- Master’s degree or Ph.D. in environmental science, engineering or other applicable field.
- At least ten years of experience performing research and analysis of technical information related to the environmental field.
- Strong writing and communication skills with an ability to communicate technical information clearly to a lay audience.
- Willingness to travel 2-8 days a month (assuming safe and appropriate travel).
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Programs.
- Expertise in hydrology, hydrogeology, geology or other areas that facilitate the understanding of contaminant transport in the environment.
- Expertise in human and/or environmental risk assessment.
- Experience working with/supporting diverse communities.
- Experience and interest in working with community, tribal or environmental groups on technical issues related to site cleanup.
- Strong project management skills.
- Experience supporting Five Year Reviews.
- Experience with Superfund, RCRA or other state or federal cleanup programs.
- Facilitation skills.
- Experience providing culturally-responsive support.
- Experience with ArcGIS is a plus.
Please submit required application materials by December 6, 2020. Decisions will be made based on resumes, performance on exercises, and recommendations.
We recruit, employ, train and compensate regardless of sex, race, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identity (including gender nonconformity and status as transgender individual), religion, disability, marital status, pregnancy or maternity, citizenship, national origin, or any other status protected by applicable law.
How To Apply
To apply for this opportunity, follow this link: https://skeo.applicantstack.com/x/apply/a2b5yqwao30t