Our relatively small, dedicated staff represents a broad range of disciplines and skill sets. Our diversity and size allow us to be nimble, quickly forming project teams that are responsive to our clients’ complex technical needs while providing highly personalized customer service.
With staff located throughout the United States, we provide a geographic reach seldom found in a firm our size. Using state-of-the-art information sharing and collaboration tools and an unequaled commitment to teamwork, we deliver innovative, just-in-time solutions for our clients.
Senior Associate for Social Equity:
Skeo Solutions is seeking a Senior Associate for Social Equity to help shape and grow our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion and Environmental Justice practice areas, while also providing support and leadership across additional projects. This position offers the opportunity to work with clients who are seeking to solve tough environmental challenges, meet community needs, and advance equity within their organization and through their organization’s mission-related work. It also offers the opportunity to work with a creative and multi-disciplinary team at Skeo who are deeply committed to advancing social equity in partnership with our clients.
The right candidate for this senior level position is a collaborative go-getter who brings a recognized history of leadership in equity, community development, environmental justice, and public health work. The candidate should have a demonstrable track record of effective business development outcomes and thrive in a fast-paced and collaborative working environment. Strong facilitation skills are required. Applicants should be proficient with Microsoft Office programs. Applicants should be able to multi-task, work effectively on a team, maintain a positive attitude, mentor junior staff and have excellent communication skills. Applicants must be willing to travel for 20 or more trips per year at various locations throughout the United States.
This is a part time position with flexibility to be structured either hourly or salaried and the potential for expanded hours as the practice area grows.
Skeo is an environmental consulting firm providing innovative, collaborative and multidisciplinary solutions to complex and pressing issues in environmental stewardship, social equity and economic opportunity.
Our social equity work includes a Diversity Equity and Inclusion practice area and an Environmental Justice practices area. We serve clients who are facing seemingly intractable challenges at the intersection of the environment and equity. Related services include:
- Facilitation and conflict resolution
- Visioning and strategic planning for communities and organizations
- Equitable development, community engagement, resilience and climate equity services for federal, regional and neighborhood planning processes
- Training, coaching and capacity building on topics such as: cultural competence, institutional racism and neighborhood equity, cultural humility, unconscious bias, collaborative problem-solving and story-telling.
- DEIJ organizational readiness assessments, strategic planning and organization development
The right candidate will be able to demonstrate how they can contribute to and strengthen these and related offerings in collaboration with our team. We are seeking to grow this practice area in alignment with the talents and interests of our staff, the changing needs of our clients, and growth in the field.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a relevant field
- Strong facilitation and conflict resolution skills
- Expertise in environmental justice and diversity, equity and inclusion
- Familiarity with environmental and land use planning, public health and the racial and social equity dimensions of this subject matter
- Demonstrated business development experience
- Collaborative working style
- Comfort and familiarity with consulting for a wide range of clients including government agencies, funders and advocacy organizations
- Strong writing and communication skills, including cross-cultural communication
- Demonstrated focus on working with economically-disadvantaged and/or racially/ethnically diverse communities
- Willing to travel for 20+ trips per year throughout the United States
- Persons of color and persons who are bilingual in Spanish and English are encouraged to apply
- Background in urban and environmental planning and/or AICP-certified
- Preference for candidates located in the mid-Atlantic region
- Brings a regional or national network of business development contacts
- Ability to effectively mediate high conflict scenarios
- Demonstrated ability to build trust quickly with a broad range of stakeholders including leadership from marginalized communities, local government and industry
- Brings expertise and experience that can support the growth of Skeo’s social equity practice
How To Apply
Position open until filled. Preference will be given to applications received by June 1. Multiple hires may be made, depending on the expertise and fit of the applicant pool with Skeo’s business development goals. To apply, please submit:
- A cover letter that describes your unique strengths in moving social equity work forward.
- A resume of up to four pages.
- Up to five project examples that demonstrate your skills and project outcomes relevant to Skeo’s existing social equity services.
All employment decisions are made on a non-discriminatory basis, and without regard to sex, race, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, marital status, pregnancy or maternity, citizenship, national origin, or any other status protected by applicable law. Persons of color are strongly encouraged to apply.
To apply for this position, follow this link: https://skeo.applicantstack.com/x/apply/a2b5yqwj9v1c